Our train crew management software packages are used by a number of UK railway operators to create, analyse and validate train crew diagrams, generate schedule cards and respond rapidly when services are disrupted.
- DAPHNE is a self-contained software tool that lets planners rapidly analyse the effectiveness and validity of their train crew diagrams
- SHEILA is a tool for viewing and manipulating train crew diagrams and schedule cards.
DAPHNE is a self-contained software tool that lets planners rapidly analyse the effectiveness and validity of their train crew diagrams, and compare and analyse them to optimise productivity. It acquires the base diagram data from your VoyagerPlan database, updating itself regularly throughout the day.
- Flags unworkable diagrams based on your own compendium rules (regarding walking-times, taxi times, travelling as passenger, PNBs etc).
- Option to override the flag based on specific knowledge of a situation.
- Analyse past, current and proposed diagrams to assess productivity and see where things could be improved.
- Compare diagrams by depot’s to help identify best practice.
- Compare diagrams over specific time periods to analyse the effect of any changes to working practices.
- Export results as Excel spreadsheets for further analysis if required.
- Identify any trains within a specified date range which are not covered by diagrams.
The benefits of using DAPHNE
- Eliminates the need for manual checking
- Reduces the risk of errors that would cause disruptions
- Increases the speed of validating diagrams
- This rapid validation has proved invaluable to short term planners producing diagrams under severe time pressure.
SHEILA is a software tool for viewing and manipulating train crew diagrams and schedule cards. It minimises the risk of delays caused by unclear or missing information by supporting communications between operations managers and train crews. It also helps management assess their options and make well-informed decisions when responding to disruptions.
SHEILA acquires the base diagram data from your VoyagerPlan database or TrainTRACS diagram system, updating itself regularly throughout the day.
- Display any current train crew diagrams by depot and/or by date
- Print train crew diagrams and schedule cards from any network-accessible printer or distribute PDF versions via email or to other devices.
SHEILA schedule cards
- Produce tailored working and public schedule cards in various formats
- Include notices on schedule cards. These can be global or targeted according to roles, depots, diagrams, specific stations, activities or schedule types i.e. working timetables (WTT) or public time schedule cards.
- Highlight the changes in activities in short-term planning diagrams.
- Include details of passengers requiring assistance on schedule cards for the train crew who need to know.
In the event of disruptions:
- Select current diagrams and use their content to construct new very short-term planning (VSTP) diagrams, adding activities manually as required.
- Search and display emergency diagrams, for example adverse weather plans.
- Produce new schedule/stopping cards based on your VSTP diagrams which are immediately available to all SHEILA users.
- Identify any train crew who are travelling passengers or route refreshing at specific stations.
- Produce crew turnaround lists for any station where trains terminate.
The benefits of using SHEILA
- Staff only receive easy-to-use information directly relevant to their day’s work.
- Enables a rapid response to disruption
- Ensures everyone has access to the most current diagrams and schedules
- Decreases the risk of delays caused by incorrect operational information
- Improves the speed with which you can respond to staff shortages by locating additional staff who are travelling passengers close to where they are needed.